Saturday, November 22, 2008

You have wings


I loved this quote, and decided to pair it with one of my favorite images.

In case you can't read it in the scan, here's the quote:
You were born with potential
You were born with goodness and trust
You were born with ideals and dreams
You were born with greatness
You were born with wings
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings
Learn to use them,and fly.


I'm not even sure whose stamp this is anymore, but I think it might be Lost Coast. I stamped the image on vellum and applied it to the page which I had colored DTP with Distress Inks. The paper in behind the quote was some pearlized text weight paper I had left from making wedding invitations this summer. I embossed a design from a Judikins bolio, but it was too subtle. I rubbed the paper with some copper Brilliance to get this effect. Happy accident!

No comments:

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.