Sunday, September 30, 2007
As it sometimes has the annoying habit of doing, my life got in the way of my art recently. I'm just now getting around to posting the Circus tip-in page that I finished for a swap. I chose to use Pierrot on the front of my page. The image is from Paper-Artsy. The back contains images from some Alpha Stamps collage sheets, some tickets I bought for a 50/50 raffle at my daughter's band competition (I didn't win the raffle, but I did get something great for a page), and the Circus magazine ad was in an art magazine my daughter brought home for me to peruse just at the right time!
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Here are some mini ATC's I just finished for a swap. They are 1 1/2" x 2 1/2' rather than the usual 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". These were to be in fall colors. For the background, I stained vellum with red, gold, and copper metallic brush pens and water. The two on the end are portions of Just for Fun stamps, and the one in the middle is from Stampendous. It doesn't show too well in the scan, but I overstamped the whole thing with a crackle design in gold.
Monday, September 3, 2007
The CC Swaps group recently had a swap for ATC's using a Stampington and Company stamp. I chose to use this Venetian background after coloring the background DTP with distress inks. The lattice is a diecut that I've had around for a while from Griff's. After reading Trish's article on the dreaded Look at It Disease found here: http://trishbee.co.uk/techniqueszone/lookatitdisorder.html
I decided I better get using some of those things.