Sunday, November 9, 2008




Finally back to creating (and scanning).
I've been in a bit of a creative funk lately, and the things I have done, I haven't even remembered to scan. With the leaves almost all off the trees, time for me to turn over a new one. I finally finished Adrienne's IT Medieval gift.

I started with a plain cardboard slide mailer and after several finishes I didn't like, finally settled on coating the outside with several layers of embossing powder to get a faux metal finish. I added a collage image and some bling to finish it off. I painted the inside with gold and silver Lumiere paints, and applied a little magenta in the slide holders for a pop of color. I overstamped a design in copper and added some collage elements to finish. I was a little worried about using glass slides, since this is mailing internationally, so I used some transparencies to create the effect instead. Hope Adrienne enjoys it! And I hope it truly is better late than never.








3 comments:

Carol said...

Looks scrumptious, I'm sure Adrienne will love it. So glad to see you creating and posting again.

Adrienne Wood said...

It's luurrrvely. And I look forward to seeing it in real life.

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Beautiful! I've been sharing the same funk/lack of time. I've learned to just relax--the groove always manages to come back!

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.