Sunday, August 5, 2007

A start on my sketchbook


As part of the Art Venture Group, we're doing sketchbooks about ourselves having been given wonderful prompts to start with. The first page I'm working on is using the letters of our name. I decided to go a little different direction and make a sentence with mine. Here's the start of my page. I made the background scribbling with some watercolor pencils (can you tell what my favorite colors are?). I've never used watercolor paper before - I only used the pencils to color with. I colored my sentence with chalks. Now on to the rest of the fun stuff.

No comments:

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.