Sunday, August 5, 2007

Making Backgrounds


Before I can get my sketchbook going I wanted to finish some commitments I had for my other group, although my fingers are itching to go. Currently I'm working on a background papers. The heat is scorching here, so I knew I wanted to use some bright summer colors and some of my new Impress-Me stamps. These are great for textures and designs.

Here are some of my first attempts, using DTP on glossy with a resist, and then DTP with some stripes and designs. I kind of liked the glossy, which have rollagraph images in resist, but I was having a devil of a time keeping them fingerprint-free. The one in the top right corner is also DTP but on smooth white cardstock. It was ok, but the designs made it too busy. I'll probably save these and use them for something else (as we all know stampers never throw anything away, so I decided to go another route.



This time, I've still used DTP, with Adirondack and Distress inks, but just applied them randomly. Here's what they look like so far.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Well done Susie on getting up and running :)
Annie

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.