Sunday, August 19, 2007

DaVinci Tip-in page


This is my first attempt at these. The page was to be 51/2 x 8 1/2 inches and had a theme of Leonardo Davinci. The page must be decorated front and back. I took a more serious approach for the front (The quote reads, When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.) The embellishment below the image is a piece of air dry clay that I stamped into and painted. It's the first time I've worked with it, and it's really easy and forgiving, plus no baking. I have a feeling it's going to become a staple, especially for things that need to be mailed.

Here's the front..

1 comment:

SweetPea said...

Susie - your Da Vinci page is Dalightful!!! I love it! Thanks for joining the swap!
Sweetpea

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.