Sunday, March 2, 2008

Backgrounds - Acrylic Resist




I can't take credit for this technique, I learned it at Cornerstone, my favorite stamp store.


To create this effect, I painted broad strokes of one or two colors of cheap acrylic paints onto various papers. How much white space you leave changes the end result. After the paint was dry, I sponged on some dye reinkers to fill in the rest of the space, wiping the excess off with a paper towel. The paint resists the reinker, and gives a brush stroked background.


Here are some samples...

No comments:

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.