Sunday, March 16, 2008

Background ATC's



This month's ATC theme on CC Swaps was backgrounds. We have recently switched so that we do two sets of 5 rather than a single set of 5. For the first card, I chose to do embossing powder enamel. The entire card is covered with embossing powder and then additional colors are added on by sponging on the embossing powder. Then I stamped the diamonds and embossed them in black so that they melt into the enamel. I learned this technique at a demo of Powder Keg embossing powders.

The second card as done by applying bands of color direct to paper and then using lots of impress me stamps to get color. A few of them were stamped with Lumiere gold paint. Then I created strips of gold paint between the bands with a credit card. Thanks to Julie Jarvis of Cornerstone Art Stamps for this one.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

What wonderful ATCs - I love those background techniques - I can't wait to try them out myself. Thanks for describing them.
Fiona

Carol said...

Gorgeous ATCs and lovely backgrounds. Hope I get these in the swap.

Rena Sawatski said...

Love your ATC's especially the one on the left. The little girl is just precious!

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.