Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Shining Stones



Creative cards is running a swap for a technique called shining stones. I haven't signed up for the swap yet, but I did have a play with the technique which uses dye ink, brayered over glossy card stock, then spritzed with water, and brushed with a paste made from perfect pearls. At that point you spritz it again and then use a paper towel, with a twisting motion to pull off some of the water and create texture. Because I have a lot of it, I used Pearl-Ex and mixed it with a little gum arabic and some water so it would be sealed. For the blue/green card I used gold and duo blue/green Pearl-Ex, and for the rainbow card, I just used gold.

3 comments:

Carol said...

These are gorgeous. I hope you sign up for the swap, anyone would love to receive these. I'm hoping to play with this technique soon it looks like lots of fun.

Fiona said...

Susie, these are wonderful. I love the colours and also the finished pieces are perfect

Rosie said...

These are so special... lovely backgrounds and gorgeous cards!

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.