Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Complementary Colors


I'm heading out of town today for a business trip, so I needed to complete a swap before I left. This one was entitled complementary colors and required that we make something using just complementary colors (with just a touch of black and/or white if needed. I chose to use blue and orange as my combination. Also, one of my New Year's Art Resolutions was to use stamps that I haven't used before. I love these Impress Me images, but for some reason, they never make it into my art, but they did this time! These are stamped onto glossy paper that I first stained blue with Broken China distress ink. The orange paper has a bit of a metallic sheen, and the small embellishments are shrink plastic stamped with pieces of the same design.

1 comment:

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Hi Susie,

Orange and blue are among my favorite complementary colors, and I love these stamps! Nicely done.

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.