Sunday, October 7, 2007


With this page, I was able to combine two art challenges into one project. The first challenge was to pick a page at random from a dictionary and choose a word to be a subject for your page. I didn't have an old dictionary, but I did find this portion of a page (while rummaging around for something else of course). Some of the words were completely there (but I didn't fancy garbage or gasoline). Some of them were only partially there, but you could make them out. 'Galaxy' caught my eye. I started the page by making some watercolors from dye reinkers and painting the background. Then I sponged on some twinkling H2o's and used the sponge also for some versamark, which I sprinkled with embossing powder. With the vellum image (which unfortunately doesn't scan so well) and the collage images, I was almost done. That's when the serendipity happened and Trish posted the 'images of the month' for the Next Generation Stamping group. Voila, I had the two elements I needed. I sprayed the whole thing with some pearl-ex, but that's hard to see on the scan.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous page, love how it came together!

Trish Bee said...

Beautiful!! I love this a lot!

A special thanks to Trish Bee and all the Art Venture members. Thanks so much for encouraging, prodding, and pushing those of us who have a little trouble leaving the comfort of our usual zones into new and ever more exciting artistic endeavors.